Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Country Barn Scene Scrapbook Layout

Was inspired by {PIN}spirational challenge which you can see info on below to create this.

Started out creating the stamped image. Used Stampin' Up markers and an Inkadinkado rubber stamp. Was not sure how it would turn out and thought possibly that most parts of the image would not transfer any ink to my Kraft cardstock. Was pleasantly surprised at how it looked. Distressed the edges of the Kraft cardstock with Tim Holtz paper distresser and Distress Ink broken china.

Then, I proceeded to think about what I would use the stamped image for. I recalled some vintage looking scrapbook paper I bought at Hobby Lobby. You know the kind where the paper is nice and you think why cover up the parts since you like it so much that you resist using it and especially resist cutting it into pieces. I got my brave hat on and decided I wanted the part with the boy near the barn with animals for top part and the person in the horse drawn carriage for bottom part.

Then I decided on using a K Andrew Designsw Positive Thoughts sentiment.

Then, I went thru my Spellbinders to find a sentiment tag that the sentiment would fit & would fit the Vintage looking theme.

Would appreciate your input on if I should I add something to the left & right of the stamped image and if yes then tell me your suggestions?

























Supplies List

ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk - sentiment
paper - cardstock -core'dinations tan,
   the Paper Studio Farm Toile scrapbook paper
punch: Fiskars 1/16" circle - to make holes for brads
Spellbinder: Shape Fancy Tags Two
stamp: Inkadinkado rubber stamp Country Barn, K Andrew Designs Positive Thoughts
Stampin' Up: markers - Garden Green, Pacific Point (blue), Real Red
Tim Holtz: brads: 2 metal to attach sentiment tag, inks: Distress Inks -broken china, 
   paper distresser

Entering this into the following challenges:

6/15 Love to Create Ch69 Vintage or Shabby 3E(#1) 6/10

6/17 {PIN}spirational Ch61 Photo Red Bldg near rippling brook 5E(#1) 6/11


6/17 Simon Says Stamp Transport 5E(#1) there is a horse drawn carriage on the scrapbook paper 6/12
6/17 Word Art Wed Ch84 Anything Goes 5E(#2) 6/12

6/18 Aud Sentiments Anything Goes unlim 6/5

6/21 My Sheri Crafts Ch112 Summer Solstice unlim 6/8

6/23 Pause Dream Enjoy Ch12 Make a Layout or Calendar Page 3E(#1) 6/10

6/30 DLART Thankful Thurs Linky Ch : June Anything Goes unlim 6/6 





12 comments:

  1. I love the barn image with the paper. Perhaps some brads or other simple embellis on either side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first of all....I'm in LOVE with that photo. Where is that awesome mill located? Did you see it in person? WOW - that's cool!

    As for the layout, I think you did a great job but it's just too bad that once you add your photos to the layout then all that great stamping and detail will be covered. The only thing I would change is to maybe bring the sentiment up a bit to center under the center image. I would hate to have to cover up all that work with photos, but I guess that's what layouts are all about, huh?

    Thanks for sharing in our challenge again this week. It's always a blessing to have you play along.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Melissa. I think your stamps are super. I also love the gorgeous old mill photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! Thanks for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vintage card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice paper you used - it's so vintage :) Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card and lovely Photo Thanks for playing this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I agree with Karen, bringing up the sentiment and center under the image. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely card, there is just something about a barn. thanks for linking up at Aud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with the card...It's vintage and have such a simple elegance to it. Thanks for blessing us with such a wonderful project this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamp and I think I have that same paper....which has never been cut! Thanks for joining in again at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background paper... very nice card

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete